Thursday, May 02, 2013
This isn't a thank you, just some sad news about a young dude.
We have had a lot of stuff going on over here. We've have to go down the home repair rabbit hole to fix our toilet and the rotten floor underneath. The roof needed some work, our basement is going to have to be torn up and we've found out that most of our kitchen is fucked.
I've been having a lot of days where I feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack for hours and hours at a time, so I really need to think about what I'm thankful for in April. Can I come up with at least five things? Let's see...
1) Thanks to brand new cat mothers for coming back to our yard and getting their newborn so HUBS and I didn't have to try taking care of it.
2) Thanks to getting paid so I can help buy groceries and pay for home repairs.
3) Thanks to motivation for helping me finally get my sister-in-law's article written.
4) Thanks to the universe for making sure we looked into the toilet issue before it fell into the basement with someone sitting on it.
5) Thanks to donuts.
6) Thanks to chocolate.
7) Thanks to work I can do at any time of day or night.
8) Thanks to soap operas for making sure I know that life could be much worse without anyone actually having to suffer and me feeling guilty for being glad I don't have someone else's problems.
9) Thanks to the piles of magazines around my home for helping me see that I subscribe to way too many of them.
10) Thanks to my local libraries for helping me read, listen to music and watch cable TV and movies without having to spend any money.
Look at that. I made it all the way to ten!
What good stuff happened to you in April?
Monday, April 29, 2013
Well, this was a good day. I did everything on my to-do list, plus some extra stuff. I finally wrote the article my sister-in-law asked me to write for her event, scheduled the carpenter and plumber for our bathroom work, fixed my hair (I know that sounds like nothing, but it's an ORDEAL) and called the roofer about doing some warranty repairs. Plus! I cooked chicken and dumplings for dinner and watched an additional hour of daytime TV.
I AM SOOOO ON A ROLL!
Help me celebrate!