Friday, March 08, 2013
But, don't cry for me, Argentina. I still have one story to write for the new job before Monday, but you know what's cool about having a gig where you write stories and send emails from home? You can literally do it any time of the day or night!
I'm taking a break to eat a super-late lunch and blog, since I haven't done it since Monday...Blog, that is. I've been eating just fine, thank you!
I've also been doing pretty good at the job. I'm getting the hang of procedures and using their online ordering system to gather info for stories. I even got two interview responses this week, which I was told likely wouldn't happen so soon. Score!
I hope you've all had a lovely week, as well. I'll be catching up on your blogs this weekend. Now, let's see what's happening online.
1) 38 fascinating maps that detail everything from what the world's population would look like if it were concentrated in one city, to every country that ever got invaded by England and the US area codes in which the rapper Ludacris claims to have "hoes".
2) If you need a laugh try giphy. Just scroll over your choice to see a variety of animated gifs.
3) Speaking of gifs, this tumblr uses them to tell a comical New York based life story.
4) All you writers out there should find Writing a Scene in 11 Steps and 60 NaNoWriMo tips useful.
5) For everyone with multiple, hard-to-monitor-them-all email addresses, Mailstrom might be the answer for you.
Whoa. That's all for me. I need to rest up and goof off this weekend. It's nice to have something to step away from on weekends, right?
Monday, March 04, 2013
Well, 2013 is moving right along, ain't she? Things are looking up for me, and I hope, for you too.
1) Thanks to the job gods for hooking me up.
2) Thanks to free workouts on HULU for making it easier for me to get in shape.
3) Thanks to tax refunds for helping us fix our plumbing.
4) Thanks to good plumbers.
5) Thanks to coffee for keeping my mornings grumpy-almost-middle-aged-lady free.
6) Thanks to chips, cheese and salsa for making me happy when I don't feel like cooking.
7) Thanks to HUBS for cleaning the kitchen LIKE A BOSS.
8) Thanks to HUBS for working his geek computer magic and getting more memory on my smart phone.
9) Thanks to GetGlue for making tv/movie watching even more fun.
10) Thanks to washing machines for seeing to it that I've never had to beat dirty clothes against a rock by a stream.
11) Thanks to eshakti.com for extending the discount code from last week. It's now good through 3/20/13!
This is a very good list, if I do say so myself! Now, let's dance!
What made you happy in February?