Friday, March 08, 2013
Happy Friday: Working For The Weekend! When I Will Also Be Working!
But, don't cry for me, Argentina. I still have one story to write for the new job before Monday, but you know what's cool about having a gig where you write stories and send emails from home? You can literally do it any time of the day or night!
I'm taking a break to eat a super-late lunch and blog, since I haven't done it since Monday...Blog, that is. I've been eating just fine, thank you!
I've also been doing pretty good at the job. I'm getting the hang of procedures and using their online ordering system to gather info for stories. I even got two interview responses this week, which I was told likely wouldn't happen so soon. Score!
I hope you've all had a lovely week, as well. I'll be catching up on your blogs this weekend. Now, let's see what's happening online.
1) 38 fascinating maps that detail everything from what the world's population would look like if it were concentrated in one city, to every country that ever got invaded by England and the US area codes in which the rapper Ludacris claims to have "hoes".
2) If you need a laugh try giphy. Just scroll over your choice to see a variety of animated gifs.
3) Speaking of gifs, this tumblr uses them to tell a comical New York based life story.
4) All you writers out there should find Writing a Scene in 11 Steps and 60 NaNoWriMo tips useful.
5) For everyone with multiple, hard-to-monitor-them-all email addresses, Mailstrom might be the answer for you.
Whoa. That's all for me. I need to rest up and goof off this weekend. It's nice to have something to step away from on weekends, right?