Friday, April 26, 2013
I just wrote three articles back to back and now, I'm wiped. So, let's get to the good stuff!
1) Three guys got kicked out of Saudi Arabia for being too good looking. Yes, that happened.
2) A cat dressed as a shark riding a Roomba chasing a duckling. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS!!
3) My cat is a dick, but, aren't they all?
4) It's the little things that matter when you're already having a shitty day.
5) English. Taught by bunnies.
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 25, 2013
This photo has nothing to do with my post. Don't judge, it's almost the weekend and I'm gettin' antsy!
I love my new job. It tends, though, to be research and email heavy. This means that if I don't watch it while I'm working I'll basically fall into a meditative-like trance that numbs my mind.
What's been my savior the past few weeks? Podcasts!
I've been hearing about these things for years, but had never listened to one. But then, back in January, I found Girl on Guy, a podcast from comedian and talk show host Aisha Tyler.
I was immediately addicted.
There are literally tons of podcasts out there, but here are the ones keeping me sane as I research my days away.
1) Girl on Guy: Funny, profane, insightful discussions with Tyler and a host of actors, comedians, chefs and other public figures.
2) The Mental Illness Happy Hour: Oh. My. God. Anyone dealing with any kid of mental issue (depression, panic disorders, sexual dysfunction, schizophrenia...) or dealing with someone else who has mental issues WILL FIND SOMEONE ON THIS PODCAST WHO HAS SIMILAR PROBLEMS. I think this podcast is really important for people who feel fucked up, alone and unsolvable.
3) By the Way: One of the best parts of this podcast is listening to host Jeff Garlin's insane laugh as he talks to famous friends. The episode with Conan O'Brien is a hit.
I have to say, one of the best parts about these conversations is hearing how accomplished people (many of whom had horrible backgrounds or are living with psychological troubles) got to where they are and hearing about their creative process.
Here's another list of the podcasts I'm hoping to get into soon.
2) Star Talk Radio Show (what can I say, I'm an astronomy/physics geek)
3) Channel Surfing (I'm also a TV geek)
4) WTF with Marc Maron
Give some of these links a try when you have a tedious task to complete or even when nothing good is on TV. You won't be disappointed.
Monday, April 22, 2013
R.I.P. Chrissy Amphlett
Last week was insane. Boston, Texas...Here in Missouri and in river towns in Illinois there was a shit load of flooding. I feel like there was just too much bad news for one five day span. Thank God people can start to recover...
I don't know about you, but I was positively glued to the news on Friday and was so glad Boston (and, really, the rest of the country) got to have their weekend without wondering where that fucker was and what he was up to. It's extremely rare for me to watch the news for nine hours straight, but there I was: working on articles for my writing gig and watching some miraculous shit go down.
I need to have some fun. How about you?