Thursday, August 01, 2013
How is it August already?! Remember when you were a kid and every day seemed to last forever? That is certainly not the case now!
This thank-you post is going to feature some awesome food via our Louisville/Nashville trip, so let's get to it!
1) Thanks to the Goose Creek Diner in Louisville for feeding us. A LOT.
That's a Hot Brown in the second photo...
My Fried Green Tomato BLT with baked sweet potato & HUBS' Chicken Fried Steak
2) Thanks to Savannah's Candy Kitchen for helping to make a long walk around downtown Nashville a late-night surprise.
3) Thanks to the Pancake Pantry of Nashville for making a long wait in line worth it.
My Sweet Potato Waffle, his Swedish Pancakes
My sides and the Cinnamon Cream Syrup that accompanied my waffle
4) Thanks to easy road trips.
5) Thanks to Walmart for always having what we need even when we're in another city.
6) Thanks to my job for opening up my free time.
7) Thanks to specialists for helping me get to the root of my many annoying health issues.
8) Thanks to my last big check for making things more possible than before.
9) Thanks to $4 movies tickets for new releases.
10) Thanks to my intense money saving skills.
What did July bring you?
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
I watch a lot of movies. But, every now and then I watch a movie and have no idea how I feel about it. Good movies are easy. Really bad movies are easy. But the ones in the middle? Those can be tough.
So, here's my list of 11 ways to tell a bad movie was just all up in your face.
11 Ways To Tell You've Watched A Bad Movie
1) You had no problem getting up in the middle to go to the bathroom and taking your sweet time in there.
2) You just left the theater. Wait, what was the movie about again?
3) It's opening weekend, and you were the only one in the theater.
4) You watched intently, but still felt confused during the whole thing.
5) You didn't care what happened to anyone in the movie.
6) You couldn't manage to laugh, cry or feel anxious/scared/thrilled about anything that went on during the film.
7) Whoever you went with talked to you the for the entire movie, and you didn't mind at all.
8) You spent the movie comparing plot points to other films that did them first, and better.
9) At least 25% of the audience got up during the movie and didn't come back.
10) After getting back from the bathroom you realize you missed a lot, but you can still follow the plot just fine.
11) Did you fall asleep? You don't remember?! Bad sign, my friend.