Friday, April 05, 2013
I know Easter's been over for almost a week, but this video of a baby bunny eating and cleaning its face is AWESOME.
It occurred to me that since we're in the fourth month of the year, I should probably take a look back at the massive list of goals I set for myself in January and see how I'm doing. What have I managed so far?
Accomplishments: Jan-April 2013
1) I'm making $ writing again!
2) I tried a podcast!
3) I check my professional email daily!
4) I add my blog posts to Twitter & Blogaholic!
5) I've left some food behind at a restaurant!
6) I limit pre-5pm TV watching to two hours daily Mon-Fri!
7) I'm practicing reading faster!
8) I hang out on our deck!
9) I've (almost) mastered winged eyeliner!
OK, so, nine out of 76 items isn't exactly an example of me going gang-busters on my goals, but getting a job was HUGE FOR ME. Plus, I'm sorta counting the things I'd starting doing (like blogging three times a week, making honest work of my creative ideas and working away from home) which I've fallen behind on since my gainful employment.
And, also? I'm trying not to be too hard on myself about not being further along.
I've got time, and I think the best thing to do would be to keep my lists on my desktop so I can have constant reminders of what's important to me this year.
Now, let's move on to some cool internet stuff and remember to tell me: How are your 2013 goals progressing so far?
1) I do love me some Tina Belcher.
2) EW.com thinks they've found the 21 most annoying TV characters of all time. Do you agree?
3) RIP Roger Ebert. Here are 20 of his best movie pans.
4) If you like free music, here are the best places to get it online.
5) Finally, if you need to distress this weekend, there are some apps that can help you.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Monday, April 01, 2013
It's hard to believe that a week ago there was over a foot of snow on the ground in Missouri. Well, Spring's a-sprung for now and here's what made me happy in March.
1) Thanks to the Sandman for helping me get 12 hours of sleep I didn't know I needed on Friday night.
2) Thanks to my niece for sharing some of her Easter candy with me.
3) Thanks to my sister-in-law for being patient with me and the project I'm working on for her since I got my job.
4) Thanks to my hair for annoying me less as it continues to revert to its natural state.
5) Thanks to Avon for having stylish, and yet fairly cheap shoes.
6) Thanks to the USPS for delivering my first new-job paycheck.
7) Thanks to the creative genius who invented the fantasy genre for keeping my reading life interesting.
8) Thanks to the magic combo of natural peanut butter, honey & cinnamon for being great on toast or animal crackers.
9) Thanks to recyclebank.com for allowing me to subscribe to way too many magazines for totally free.
10) Thanks to turkey cutlets for being an awesome substitute for fried chicken.
Enough about me, let's enjoy some tunes...