Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pretty Pretty Shiny

You know internet, every time I think "damn, I really need to get a job I actually want to work at during the day," I get distracted by something shiny. Like a magazine. I'd much rather read a magazine than send out cover letters and resumes and try to convince people more ambitious than myself that I'm worthy of employment. Why am I so fucking lazy when it comes to getting out of this crap job?

You know what else is shiny? Engagement rings that come with the matching wedding band. Yeah, baby. Those are totally fucking shiny. Mama loves that kinda shine. I finally got my ring ordered on Tuesday. I found it by chance a couple of months ago while searching Overstock.com just to see what was out there. This doesn't need mentioning, but I'm saying it anyway...It. Is. FUCKING. SWEET! And we got a great deal on it, it was about 1/2 off the regular price. Even better? I should get it tomorrow!

I know what you're thinking. But what about the surprise? Having the FI-ance spring it on you at some fancy restaurant or mid-air on a ferris wheel while you eat funnel cake? What about the romance? Where's the cute story in ordering your own ring? Well, I ain't gonna lie. I would love that. Which is why, when Mr. FedEx brings that ring to my j.o.b. tomorrow I'm going to fight with all my heart the urge to just slap that puppy on my finger. Seriously, internet, I've thought about it. I can do this. Open the box, make sure it's ok, and then close it up and not tell anyone I've got it.

When I get home it goes to the FI-ance and he's in charge of figuring out a way to present it to me so that it's all special and shit. And, this has to happen before the weekend is over.

You hear that, boy? SPECIAL PRESENTATION. BEFORE. THE WEEKEND. IS. OVER.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats on getting such a good deal. I agree: Your FI-ance should indeed now be in charge of some kind of elaborate presentation... something elaborate, something SHINY!

Citygirl said...

Indeed, I knew this was the right thing to do. I'm gonna have new jewelry for the weekend!

Lenny said...

How did it go???

Citygirl said...

It went quite well. Low-lit italian dinner, a sweet proposal and kick-ass frozen yogurt for dessert.

Lenny said...

Nice : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails