Friday, July 27, 2012
Happy Friday: The Consequences Of Cabin Fever
I'm pretty sure that my depressive episode this week was greatly fueled by cabin fever. For almost a full month we've had temperatures at 100 degrees or higher, and since I seem to be getting more and more sensitive to heat as I get older, I've been keeping my ass indoors.
Guess who's tired of it? Right, me! I'm a homebody from way back, so I never thought I'd get sick of sitting at home but OH MY GOD AM I EVER SICK OF SITTING AT HOME. I'm going to have to make a commitment to get out (without running errands the whole time) at least a few mornings a week. I felt so good yesterday just sitting at the library and reading for a while.
I also felt better for writing in the morning. I noticed this when I was working on that short story competition, but because I'm me and stubborn I refused to take note: I like writing in the morning. Or, at least, making notes on my stories and fleshing out details in the morning. I'll have to work that in, too. Preferably every day. It's Do My Opposite time again. When my body says, stay at home and lay around watching TV, I'll have to get my ass up, get out of the house and go write.
Enough about my discoveries! Here's something for you...
1) Entrepreneur might be able to help you fight fears and give good talk.
2) The University of Pennsylvania's Authentic Happiness website is filled with questionnaires to test your happiness level.
3) Apparently, blow jobs are good for women, too. Don't tell the menfolk!
4) Wanna see Brad Pitt's brother Doug in a goofy commercial? Sure you do!
5) I just found O*Net and My Next Move. Both sites are good for job seekers, especially anyone looking to change careers. You can take assessment tests, search for jobs based on what you like to do and look into over 900 careers. I plan to get into these this weekend. Fun times!
That's all for now. Since I skipped Music Monday this week, I'm gonna leave you with some tunes...
Have a magnificent weekend!