Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Friday: Better Times


It's entirely possible that the weather will actually be nice this weekend. I didn't even need the A/C on today until after 2 pm! I am very happy about this, people! HUBS has been very stressed getting ready for the school year to start next week (he's been working 10 or more hours a day for two weeks), and we both need to get out a bit.

I've had a very productive day. I applied for three jobs, evaluated my freelance rates and exercised. I like days like this, when I get real stuff done all day long.

Well, I hope you've got something nice planned this weekend. But, if not, here's some things to help keep you happy indoors.

1) Make this weekend body positive.

2) In time for the tail end of Olympic fever, I bring you the Olympic Scrunchies tumblr and this Smart Money article on the true cost of getting to the games.

3) Ever wondered what cats get up to when we let them outside? Check out the Kitty Cams Project.

4) Boredom might be good for your creativity. Who knew?

5) Wild author and advice columnist Cheryl Strayed talks about writing, reading and learning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails