Monday, December 03, 2012
Music Monday: Thanks!
As part of my on going struggle with depression, anxiety and cynicism, I'm going to take some time at the end of each month to think about all the things that made life a bit easier for four weeks. Gratitude as an idea is overused, (and sounds too hoity-toity to me, anyway) so I'm just calling this my Thanks! list.
1) Thanks to the nice old white man at The Original Pancake House who tapped me on the shoulder before he left and said, "You sure can wear a hat!" a day before my birthday.
2) Thanks to the Humane Society for having room to take in little Skyler kitten so we could get him off the street.
3) Thanks to nature for easing us into winter with stupid mild days that feel a lot more like Spring.
4) Thanks to my aging body for forcing me to bed early, but not so early that I have to be done with dinner by 6 p.m.
5) Thanks to Walmart's Equate Anti-Itch Plus for cleaning up my acne-ridden face and neck like a true beauty champion.
6) Thanks to the giant owls who've invaded our neighborhood for keeping the hooting to a minimum and (hopefully) not snatching up any kitty cats for dinner.
There! That feel good to say. Now, ready to get down?
What made you happy in November?