Friday, January 13, 2012
Happy Friday: Desperation Is A Cold Cup Of Coffee
This is Thursday's sad coffee cup. Why was my coffee cup so blue, you ask? Because our 18 1/2 year old microwave blew out Wednesday night (With sparks! Exciting!) and I couldn't reheat the coffee that was left inside her belly.
I know not having a microwave for all of 18 hours (That's right, not even a full day of inconvenience.) isn't exactly a hardship, but it was still irritating. And it was irritating that it was irritating. What's wrong with me? I boiled water on the stove all of three times: for hot chocolate, a bowl of oatmeal and coffee.
By that third bowl I was actually tired. And when that last tablespoon of my coffee got cold I thought Shit, what do I do now? I'd rather not drink it cold, but I don't want to throw it out either. I can't boil a tablespoon of coffee to heat it back up! It would get hot and immediately evaporate!
I ended up just putting the mug in the refrigerator with my tiny pool of coffee in the bottom. What did people do in 1950? Just drink that shit cold?
Oh, well. Now that HUBS and I have a new microwave we can all concentrate on some internet things...
1) How have I not heard about this until now?
2) Dying to have a bound book of all your twats...Uh, tweets, from twitter? These folks can do it.
3) Some style trends that need to die a much faster death.
4) I always knew FASHION was stupid.
5) A Pandora for YouTube videos? I'm already hooked!
6) Catch up on all the Shit Girls Say madness. I think my favorite is the parody Shit White Girls Say to Black Girls. Oh yeah. That's it!