Friday, February 22, 2013
Happy Friday: Jobbing!
So, yesterday was good. HUBS got a snow day at work, and I...
I GOT A FREAKIN' JOB, YOU GUYS!!
I know! I originally applied to this company late last summer, but kept in touch with the hiring manager. She called me yesterday and simply offered me another position. YES!
HUBS and I are cautiously optimistic, since I have been semi-burned before with freelancing, but this will be very good for my self-esteem. I'll be interviewing, writing and still working from home on a part-time basis.
Also, this means that I've been able to cross three things off my professional goal list just this week. I'm making money from writing again, I tried a podcast and I began to make honest work of one of my screenplay ideas this week by actually sitting my ass down and writing the damn thing.
I'M MAKING PROGRESS!
And progress deserves a reward, so let's see what's new!
1) I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of reading faster, thanks to Bill Cosby.
2) How did I just find out about The Fluffington Post? How!?!?
3) Ever wonder how companies like Evernote, Instagram and Twitter make money? Here you go...
4) Daria Morgendorffer has a point.
5) I might be obsessed with funny/cute animal pics.
Happy weekend, everyone!