Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dammit Grooveshark! And, Tuesday Tip Day!



I fully intended to file the first half of this post yesterday. But, as you can partially see from the title, I was having trouble with my nifty little widget. But! Today I finally figured the thing out and now I present to you the inaugural (pretend it's still Monday, y'all...) Music Monday!

See, I've decided to start some weekly features here on citygirl to keep things fresh for me and you. I love music. Almost as much as I love movies, self-help books and TV shows that make me feel warm and things that sparkle. Also? I think I've got pretty fine taste in music and I have a knack for finding cool new music.

The playlist above is a gift for when you're in a turn off the TV, wrap yourself in a big sweater and ruminate over your life's many dilemmas mood. Just a little bit of rock, some soul, some oldies and some pure fun pop for when you need a bit of background music.

In other news, there's also a weekly feature for today! From now on Tuesdays will be Tuesday Tip Day.

Today's Tip: When trying to save money, use half. I've been using half a dryer sheet for months now with no change in the static free-ness of our clothes. Try it. Half a slice of cheese on your sandwich, half a tank of gas if you're not driving much these days, half of that giant cookie you probably shouldn't eat all in one sitting anyway. You'll stretch your resources and save some dinero.

Editor's Note: If you have trouble playing the songs, let me know. I don't want to have to put a smackdown on Grooveshark, but I will for you internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been using my tea bags over at work sometimes 2 or 3 times... also getting instant coffee at Walgreen's instead of buying a cup every day.

Citygirl said...

I'm a big believer of reusing tea bags...been doing it for years. And, when I started to really get into having coffee every day late last year, I made a point to buy cool instant stuff and nice, flavored creamer for home. Even $1 a day is too much to spend on coffee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails