Monday, August 15, 2011

Music Monday: Well, That's New



I know I'm not exactly flush with bad health over here, thank God, but it occurred to me just a few minutes ago that I used to be healthier.

I know what you're thinking, You've gotten older, Citygirl. This is what happens when people get older. Yeah, I'm older. But, fuck, I'm not old, you know?

On Saturday I noticed that the lymph node in my neck on the right side was swollen. Then, on Sunday I noticed that a muscle behind that lymph node was also swollen. Now, my neck and shoulders had been bugging me all week while trying to sleep and after waking up. I thought it was just my now-flat Walmart special $5 pillow that we just got last year. (Just how the fuck much do I need to spend to get a good pillow, anyway? Does anyone know?)

Now, though, I don't know. Clearly something is wrong in my neck-type area, but what? I called my doc today but she can't get me in until next Monday. I think I'll try HUBS' doc tomorrow to see if he can fit me in sooner.

Anyway. Did any of you catch the meteors this weekend? I woke up at 5 a.m. but it was disappointingly cloudy outside, so no shooting stars for me.

Well, enjoy these video selections from The Bird and the Bee. The above song has been one of my favorites for years, but I'd never seen the video until last week. Thank God for YouTube!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us know how the doctor visit goes...

(I love that song!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails