Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Friday: Weekend Links



Happy Friday, everyone! The weekend has gotten off to a bit of a sad start for fans of '80s/early '90s R&B. Singer Vesta Williams was found dead last night in her hotel. I realize most of you had likely never heard of her; she never 'crossed over' to the pop charts, but was well known to lovers of soul and R&B. If you take a look at the videos, you'll see why.





What's sad for me is that, even though I liked her back then, I'd completely forgotten about Vesta until I heard the news today. She had been so completely out of the spotlight for the past 18 or so years, that her music got tucked away among all my other childhood memories and buried. I suppose it bothers me because it's so sad that she's gone so soon. Well, now.

Need some Friday cheering up on a gray day? Look no further:

* Want to create online music play lists and share music with friends? Spotify has you covered.

* Want some good advice and inspiration? Here you go.

* Another spot for cute photos and tips.

* I want all of her art on my walls right now.

* A little bit of fashion.

* A lot more fashion for the curvier lady or anyone who needs some color in their fashion editorials.

Enjoy a blissful weekend, lovelies!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails