Monday, March 19, 2012

Music Monday: New System

...

Last week I read a new book about planning and organizing your time, and today I tried out the system listed in the book. I'll write more about the specifics tomorrow, but for now it's obvious that this isn't going to be easy to manage.

My previous system was pretty simple. I made a list of five things I needed to get done and that was all I concerned myself with for the day. The problem, I found, was that I did the easy stuff, shied away from and avoided the difficult/scary stuff and came away with a day where I got things accomplished...But very little that would actually move my life forward.

I needed something else. Something that wouldn't overwhelm, but that would also push me to do the things I fear. As much as I liked the book I read, I'm not sure this is it. It is a step in the right direction, though, because I did manage to do something scary that I've been avoiding for a week.

So, a tiny victory leads us to some awesome new-week music...









What's your system for getting difficult things done?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails