Let's get to the gritty of the nitty, folks. Even though I've been able to keep my purchasing of magazines to an absolute minimum, thanks to my ability to land free subscriptions - I still have way too many monthlies in my house.
How do I know this? Well, as HUBS and I were tidying up today for our second appraisal visit so we can refinance our mortgage (not our fault...don't ask), I really had to take stock of the number of magazine I have lying around. Now, I haven't tipped over into hoarder territory, but the figures aren't great.
I've got 38 magazines hanging around that I've read and a whopping 104 that I haven't even looked at, some from three or more years ago. I know. I. Know!
To my credit, though, they are all contained by my three magazine racks and the basket in the bathroom that was supposed to be for toilet paper (don't judge, you know it's a good place to read). So, it's not like we're eating our dinner off old Entertainment Weekly's or using stacks of Lucky and Ebony as our couch. But...still. It's too much.
One reason I've got so many finished magazines around is that I cannot let interesting tidbits/products/pop culture stuff slip through my fingers. I always fold pages down or rip them out so I can look things up or file them away in the generous amount of binders bought expressly for the purpose of saving magazine pages. So, until I go through all of them and pick them clean of new stuff, I feel I can't throw them out.
Well, it's getting done over the next week. I've heard that having too much clutter around can sort of clutter your mind. Maybe this is a tiny part of what's bugging me? Hmmm...OK, on to the internet.
1) This interesting website puts the 'net to work for you.
2) If you haven't checked out the Comedy Central Stand-Up site, you're missing out. Any time you need a pick-me-up you can find video clips of your favorite comedians right here.
3) And, I might be super late coming to this info, but you can even create audio channels based on your comedian of choice on Pandora. Yes!
4) If you would like to blend the awesome powers of Ikea and comedy, then Ikea Heights is for you.
5) Addicted to Pinterest? Addicted to good quotes? Pin A Quote!
Have a great weekend lovelies!