Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Friday: That's How This Goes


...

I don't know how many of you might be in the Midwest, but Mother Nature is no joke right now. Yesterday it got up to 108 degrees. Right now? It's 103 and looks like it'll get up to 106 before the sun goes down. Glory! I guess it's summer now, huh?

HUBS will be on vacation next week, and I am actually really glad we don't have a trip planned. I'm at the beginnings of trying to make some changes, and if we were going away next week it would be even harder to get a grip on some of my crap.

Well, that's all for now. Let's look around online and see what we can find, shall we?

1) Anyone dealing with depression or anxiety knows that it can be hard to talk yourself down in the midst of a bad spell. Here's some simple advice that might help if you're blue or mired in panic.

2) If I were the type to spend $95 on wall art, these '60s style James Bond inspired prints would fill my home.

3) I find string theory fascinating. Writer Rob Bryanton tries to explain a world of more than three and a 1/2 dimensions with some intriguing YouTube videos and a very well written blog. I got lost in them, even though I by no means understood all of it. It's nice to stretch your brain, isn't it?

4) Still getting used to Twitter, like me? You might find this Twitter Cheat Sheet helpful.

5) Chuck Wendig has the best list of 25 Things You Should Know About Writing Fantasy. Whether you write the stuff or read it you'll appreciate his thoughts.

That's all for me, lovelies! Peace out!

What cool things have you found online lately?

5 comments:

Geek Girl said...

I am in the midwest as well and suffering from the heat. Rain would be welcome...

Citygirl said...

You ain't kidding! I'd love nothing more than having enough of a gentle rain so I don't have to go outside in the punishing heat and water the garden.

Stay cool, GG!

C FLeezi said...

Hi City Girl thanks for the great links, you definitely have some interesting stuff for a Friday. The twitter suggestions where right on point and the string theory is mind blowing. I'm planning on improving on my physics knowledge and going back to school in a few years.

Citygirl said...

Glad you liked them! Some of the ideas on that physics blog are so profound they freak me out.

Anonymous said...

Oh I never thought anyone else would find string theory interesting! That is cool. I have been trying to do things to exercise my (feeble) brain lately, including online brain exercises and crosswords... guess every little bit helps! (Hope things cool off soon for you!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails