Monday, June 18, 2012

Music Monday: It's An Oven Out There



I did something I never usually do this weekend: I wandered around in the elements on two consecutive hot as hell days. I know! We met HUBS' family in Hermann at a winery for lunch on Saturday and ended up hanging out in town a little, visiting the house his maternal grandparents used to live in and stopping by their graves at the cemetery.

Sunday we went to a breakfast buffet at a Greek place called Ari's. It came highly recommended by St. Louis Magazine, and while it was cheap ($6.95 a person!) it was also not quite as good as IHOP. The food was pretty basic and got cold quickly, which was ironic, since the restaurant was as hot and stuffy as hell on fire. The problem? They had an omelet bar set up in the tiny bar along with the buffet with all the chafing dishes. Sorry, Greeks, that's too much fire in a small space that's also crowded with people on a boiling hot day!

Frequently, you really do get what you pay for. We won't be going back.

Sunday wasn't all so-so. We also got some much needed shopping done and finally got to see Chronicle*, a sleeper hit that came out earlier this year. It's relatively short and absolutely worth your time; it's a stunningly original take on something we've seen a lot of in the past dozen or so years.

Well, what did you do this weekend? Were you able to stay cool and relaxed? I ended up with a heat rash and certainly hope you were able to avoid that!

Now! Music!







*p.s. I disagree with the review I linked to that the ending was overkill. I loved the whole movie. Wish I had written it.





2 comments:

Susan P. Cooper said...

It may have been hot but it does sound like you generally had fun. I haven't seen that movie yet. I will need to check it out.

Hmmm... This week end. I gardened, cooked and took picture of my food for my blog, walked, spent quiet time on my patio. It was a good week-end. :)

Patricia Weber said...

I had as much of a balanced weekend as possible. Went to dinner on date night Friday with my husband - friends of ours invited us to visit with them and head out to dinner. Newly renovated restaurant - and the food was so much better than the old place. Then took a girlfriend for a ride in my Ferrari. Just tooled around town and stopped for a light lunch. I thrive on balance.

I'll check out the movie you mention.

Patricia Weber, from LinkedIn Group BHB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails