Monday, November 19, 2012
Music Monday: Aaaaand, I'm Old!
So, I'm a year closer to middle age today. Congratulate me! I realize 38 is far from old these days, but I have not been feeling young at all. My issues? Let's make a list!
1) I've been getting nose bleeds. My nasal passages are super sensitive to dry heat, so I have trouble every winter once we turn the heat on anyway. But now, since my sinus infection, they've been worse. Even though I use a humidifier on high every night.
2) My skin won't stop breaking out. First it was my chin, then my forehead and my neck and my chin again. Ack!
3) My knees are killing me. They creak and pop and hurt whenever I sit down or get up. I've been exercising regularly for over a month, but it's not helping.
4) For the past week or so I've been exhausted. I'm wiped out by 11 pm nightly. Is this it for me? Do I need to start eating dinner at 5? This reminds me of two years ago when I realized I couldn't stay up all night anymore without being tired for an entire week afterwards. It was a crushing blow!
I have spent a quiet day trying to ignore all the stuff that's making me feel old and useless. What's that? You want another list. I can do that!
1) I did yoga and took a walk.
2) I danced naked to Bobby Brown's Every Little Step.
3) I watched two movies.
4) I ate free birthday food for lunch and plan to get more.
5) I ate dark chocolate fudge stripe cookies and dark chocolate pretzels.
6) I opened the windows and let the cool November air fill the house while I bundled up on the couch.
I know, not exactly an exciting day. But, music makes every day more interesting. Let's enjoy some!
How do you like to spend your birthday?