Friday, December 14, 2012
(Not Really) Happy Friday: Pleasant Distractions
Well, just when you thought today was going to be no shittier than a normal day...I've spent a significant amount of time watching comedies (The Five Year Engagement), Christmas movies (Desperately Seeking Santa) and old TV shows (Highlander) just to get away from the news.
If you're a worrier or a depressive or a cynic, it can be difficult to listen to breaking news like we got today without going a little nutty, even if you don't know anyone directly involved. So, my prayers go out to everyone in Connecticut and let's get ourselves to an extra long list of internet goodies. Be well, friends.
1)Christmas is around the corner. If you ever wonder what the super rich give each other, Hello Giggles has an idea. The $52,000 playhouse might be my favorite. And by favorite I mean most insane waste of cash ever.
2) Kitten dance party, anyone? I think we need it!
3) If it weren't for the relatively small size of these animals/insects, humanity would be in for a world of freaky ass hurt.
4) Lions and tigers are big enough to hurt people. These zoo videos show why we need so much unbreakable glass between us and the beasts.
5) Frogs are people, too.
6) Still doing your holiday shopping but wondering what's appropriate to spend on certain people in your life? What Should I Spend is here to help!
7) Rap music has never been funnier.
8) Holiday shopping for a lot of guys? This list of gift ideas won't steer you wrong.
9) Behold the tranquil beauty of these 10 baths with amazing views, and, if you're lucky, plan a trip.
10) Finally, here's links to 14 holiday films you can watch online.
That's all for now. Go enjoy the weekend!