Friday, June 07, 2013

Happy Friday: It's All In The Wrist


Our formerly rotten bathroom floor...

Is there anything better than whipping your house into shape? Well, OK, sure. Lots of things are better than cleaning house and repairing stuff. But! Taking care of these issues sure is nice.

HUBS and I finally had a sump pump put in our basement so that it won't flood anymore. It'll take us a while to pay that work off, but at least it's DONE.

Since the beginning of the year, we've had insulation added to the attic and basement, the kitchen plumbing replaced, the bathroom floor replaced, the toilet fixed and upgraded and we're about to add an electric outlet in the basement.

Holy shit, we're on a ROLL NOW!

We've also been getting rid of mounds of clothes, shoes, dishes, electronics and various useless household items we've been holding on to for way too long.

It's almost, very slightly, like living in a new house. And that's nice.

What's going on, peeps? Let's see...

1) Autocorrect never fails to fail spectacularly.

2) Want to take better photos? It's really not that hard.

3) If you loved Reading Rainbow and Mister Rogers as a kid, immerse yourself in this & this.

4) Virginia Woolf thinks all writers should keep a journal.

5) If you need help getting motivated to do...anything, while depressed, Psych Central has 12 tips for you.

Oh, yeah! Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

Cassi Schmigotzki said...

When I saw the picture I first thought - "What burned?" Then I scrolled down and saw that was the rotten floor! I don't know that I could've breathed in there.

CreateBalance said...

Cleaning out my closets and cubbords are on my "to do" list for this summer. I'm so excited. It is very freeing to get rid of old "stuff" that we no longer use.

Citygirl said...

Cassandra: It does look like the floor caught on fire. You should have seen it up close!

CB: I was holding on to all these clothes I may never fit into again, and it really felt like I released a load of negative energy when I sent that stuff to the Goodwill!

Anonymous said...

Im on a big clean out phase too :)
Thank you for the photograph link, I can't get enough of these articles. Hopefully one day, this will translate in more of my photos rather than a select few.

Citygirl said...

Becc: Glad you liked it. For me, photography is all about embracing happy accidents and staying in the moment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails