Monday, December 31, 2012
Music Monday: December, Thanks!
Well, I trust everyone had pleasant holiday times with family and friends. Now it's New Year's Eve. Didn't that happen fast? It was a year ago today I lost my writing job. I am determined to live happier and more fully in 2013. Toward that end, here's my December appreciation list.
1) Thanks to nature for letting me harvest some of the cauliflower I planted late this year. It survived a couple of frosts and then grew during the crazy, inexplicable mini heatwave we had in November.
2) Thanks to Purina Farms for the dog show. It was nice to do something different.
3) Thanks to HUBS for helping me bake our Christmas gifts. We've been buying stuff for people for so long that none of it feels like it matters. I might make gifts from now on.
4) Thanks to my wonky car battery for needing me to drive everyday to keep it charged. I tend to let myself get stuck in the house for days at a time, but, this way, I get out and I've seen more of my city than I have in years.
5) Thanks to my sensible nature for being able to talk my precision-minded mom down when she called me freaked out about getting paid an extra $1.52 on her last check. She's so weird! PT thought she couldn't use her money because of it! I convinced her to put aside that amount in change at home and then act as she normally would. That way if her company wanted their money back she could just give it to them.
6) Thanks to nature (again) for snowing during the holidays.
7) Thanks to fashion magazines for finally giving me an idea of what to do with my increasingly wild natural hair that actually works.
8) Thanks to Zoloft for not wrecking havoc on my internals as I try to feel better.
Now, let's do music!
Tell me, what are you thankful for in December?