Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Tuesday Tipday: Christen Your Year...Again!

Photo


2011 was the first time I tried giving a year an overarching goal by christening it my year of EXPANSION.

Now, while I'll admit I didn't do much that folks would consider revolutionary, I did make steps. And steps are important. You don't get anywhere without them, even the tiny ones. So, for just a minute, I'd like to publicly congratulate myself for doing some stuff differently on occasion.

*pats self on back*
*laughs hysterically*
*does cartwheel...in head*
*applauds wildly*


OK! That was fun! You should try it, too, because I know you must have done something new, different or scary last year. Maybe you tried a new food, or visited a new city or went to a movie by yourself for the first time ever. Go ahead, take a minute and celebrate your ability to leave your comfort zone.

*envisions everyone celebrating themselves and is happy*


There. See? It's nice, right? Alright, now let's talk about what 2012 is going to be about. Since I'm still at the infant stages of EXPANSION, I'm actually going to be so bold as to add a goal instead of substituting EXPANSION for another one.

What's my added goal for 2012? CONNECTION. I've talked here and there about the loneliness of writing from home and my need for more buddies. And now, I'm going to make it a priority to get out of the house and actually talk to some people. Holy shit, you guys. My heart started racing just writing that. I'm gonna write it again...

I'M MAKING IT A PRIORITY TO TALK TO MORE PEOPLE. SPECIFICALLY IN THE HOPES OF MAKING MORE FRIENDS.

Egad! It's there for all the world to see! As with my efforts in EXPANSION, I'll tag each post with CONNECTION so you can follow my progress. This post will get a nice tag to that effect since HUBS and I went to an after church dinner meeting on Sunday. Turns out it wasn't quite what we expected, but we went. That was a big step for us loners!

So, how will you christen 2012?

4 comments:

Doreen Pendgracs said...

Expansion was a good goal. I tried expanding my reach in 2011 and was quite successful. But wow!!! Is it a lot of work.

That fits very nicely with your goal for this year. Connection leads to Expansion!

good luck with it all and happy to connect,
Doreen pendgracs

Dianne Hartshorn said...

I find myself expanding as well. Reaching out and finding new opportunities and new people.

Citygirl said...

You're right, Doreen, EXPANSION is a lot of work (especially when you fear the possibilities like I do). But I know I'm better for every little thing I did differently last year.

I need more of that!

Anonymous said...

This post is giving me inspiration: I need to do the same thing. Be more PRO-ACTIVE: friendlier to people, ask people to do things together on weekends, be more outgoing...

I look forward to reading your expansion progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails